Sunday, December 16, 2012

Savage model 110 25-06 bolt- action rifle review

I recently bought the Savage Model 110 25-06 bolt action rifle about 2 months ago. It is usually considered a varmint gun but I was curious if it had enough punch to it to take down a White Tail Deer. Accuracy wise it performs excellent. Smooth bolt action transition and doesn't stick, loads and unloads perfectly. Its a nice solid built gun and weighs a decent amount. In my opinion it is a very nice gun for the price and is my new favorite. They can run usually about $350-$450. Ammunition wise I use Remington Core-lokt bullets that perform nicely. 
As for the question I have not answered yet will this caliber bring down a deer? The answer is yes. I shot this good sized Doe below at the beginning of the season to try it out. As you can see the bullet left devastation in its way. So to some up the Savage Model 110 25-06 gets a 5 star review from me. If you have any questions concerning this gun feel free to ask I will answer. Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm about to put a link to your siteon my page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing the rifle. I am planing to buy one for myself. My favorite one is Ruger M77. It is one of the smoothest rifles I have ever experienced.

    Regards,
    Jacky
    MA Firearms School

    ReplyDelete